- This event has passed.
Stress Management Programme
9.30 am – 4.30 pm
Min of 8 people
To raise awareness about the nature of stress, its effects and implications.
To identify causative factors and eliminate or modify them if possible
To increase the range of coping skills and initiate change.
What are the benefits to the employer of maintaining a healthy workplace
What the law says about managing stress
Common types of mental health illness
What is stress – definition of stress
What way do people react under stress – the stress response
- Why do people react differently to stress. Type A and Type B behaviour
- Recognising stress in yourself
- What is ‘burnout’
- Individual coping mechanisms
Managing stress in the workplace
- Signs in the workplace that could indicate a stress problem
- What could be the causes of this
- Strategy for reducing levels of stress in the workplace
(incl the Health and Safety Executive Stress Management Standards, time management and problem-solving techniques)
- Workplace Health Promotion
- How a local company manages employee well-being in the workplace
The course will be participative involving discussion, video clips and group work . Anything discussed will be treated as confidential.