- This event has passed.
NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at Work
Cost includes light lunch, textbooks and exam fees.
Who is the course for?
The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety is ideal for: – Those responsible for fire safety in low to medium risk workplaces – Health and Safety Managers – Facilities Managers – Health and safety representatives within businesses.
What will I learn?
The NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at Work is an introductory level qualification, developed in conjunction with the health and safety regulator for Great Britain, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). It is structured around HSE’s approach to controlling the risks caused by workplace hazards.
You will learn how to:
– Identify hazards and be aware of some of the resources that can help
– Assess risks in low to medium risk premises using simple HSE tools
– Evaluate risks in a proportionate and sensible manner – Identify suitable control measures
Benefits for Employers:
The NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at Work will help you to:
– Have confidence as your team will be trained in HSE’s current approach to health and safety risk management
– Ensure your organisation has valuable in-house risk management expertise
– Upskill your teams so they can carry out risk assessments in the right way and to the right standard
– Create a safe and healthy work environment
How is the course assessed?
A practical assessment is completed at the end of the course. You will be asked to watch a video of a real workplace and complete a risk assessment to identify how you would manage and prioritise the risks present.
How will it help me?
– Develop straightforward practical skills to manage workplace risks; something all employers need
– Build confidence in your risk assessment capabilities
– Contribute to the creation of a safer and healthier workplace as soon as you return to work