- This event has passed.
NEBOSH Award in Health & Safety at Work
Cost includes light lunch, textbooks and exam fees.
3 Weeks ( 1 day a week )
9.30 am – 4.30 pm
Dates TBC 2023- Contact the office for group bookings and dates that suit!
Plus Work placement Review for assessment
Who is the course for?
Anyone who needs to understand the principles of health and safety as part of their job will benefit from taking this qualification including:
– Team leaders and supervisors,
– HR professionals,
– Facilities managers
– Those training young people in a working environment.
It provides a valuable overview, which can act as a sound basis for further study.
How will it help me ?
This qualification will help you to: – implement or maintain a health and safety management system – Gain practical skills that can help keep yourself and others safe – apply the principles of risk assessment – Have a positive impact on health and safety in your workplace.
Advantages for Employers
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award can help business to:
– reduce incident and injury rates, and the associated lost time and absence – foster greater health and safety awareness amongst employees
– improve employee engagement and enhance safety culture
– secure higher levels of compliance with organisational safety measures
– protect the business from the reputational damage caused by health
and safety failures.
Up skilling your workforce in risk assessment can help reduce the number of accidents in the workplace, improving staff morale, and resulting in costs saving for the business.
How is the course assessed?
After completing the course, you will be asked to complete a workplace health and safety review which: – considers how health and safety is
managed, and how it could be done better
– identifies health and safety issues present, how they are controlled and
if the risk can be reduced – selects the most important issue for
improvement using moral, legal and financial reasons.
This assessment is designed to test your ability to put into practice what you have learnt during your course.
Where to study
This course can be delivered within your organisation, providing a variety of flexible course formats or your employees can attend our training courses in CIDO Innovation Centre Portadown.
Also available via Distance learning and Live Zoom classes