- This event has passed.
Health and safety awareness
9.30 am – 4.30 pm
Group Booking min of 8 people
Who is the course for?:
Managers and Supervisors who are required to have a sound knowledge and understanding of important areas of health and safety which affects both employees, customers/visitors to the workplace on a day-to-day basis.
Key Topics Covered:
· Health and Safety Law Overview – Employer’s responsibilities Employees Responsibilities Reporting of accidents incling near misses
· Use of PPE
· COSHH – Hazards from hazardous materials including, oil, diesel, petrol, paints, lithium batteries.
· Controls in relation to the above hazardous substances
· What the COSHH Regulations state. The environment – how harmful substances can damage the environment controls to protect the environment incl interceptors. (What are they, how do they work)
· Use of spill kits
· General health and safety issues including – safe use of Forklift Trucks awareness of site traffic use of guards in machinery working at heights / safe use of ladders slips, trips, and falls.
Benefits for Employers
Heightened awareness for employers + employees of their H+S duties under the legislation.
How is the course assessed?
On your company premises or at a location arranged by Health and Safety Services.